Thursday, March 5, 2009

J-Co's here

Inspired by J-Co's Donuts we bought last week. The texture's so soft & moist. And last night was my first time serving this snack for my dearest family. I used to ignore my mom when she prepared to make the dough. Now, with my own creation I have to prove my family that I can do a lil' thing that mom used to do. So..... watch out, mom! I'm back!!!love28

Ingredients : (makes 20 medium donuts)
A :
100 gr all purpose flour
100 gr sugar
3 tsp instant yeast
200 ml water

B :
250 gr all purpose flour
30 gr milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp butter /shortening
1 large egg
50 gr flour for dusting

Method :
In a large bowl, combine ingredients A until well combine.
Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for about 1 hour. Or until double in size.
Gradually add in ingredients B into dough.
Mix the dough using mixer with hook attachment a few minutes.
Prepare your kneading surface by spreading a few tablespoons of flour on a smooth surface.
Put the dough in the middle of the flour and sprinkle a little flour on top and on your hands.
Knead the dough a few times.
Once the dough has been kneaded, spread it out to be 1 cm (a half inch) thick or with a rolling pin.
Now it is time to cut out the donuts. (I used a medium donut cutter to make 20-22 pieces)
Place the donuts on a floured pan to let rise as we get the oil ready (about 10 minutes).
Fried the donuts with low heat until golden brown on each side.
Allow the donuts to cool on a rack or on some paper so that the oil soaks off.
Then flavoring the donuts with fave glazes we desire.
Now we are ready to enjoy these donuts.

We had stumbled upon perfection. It involves only 7 ingredients that most everyone has in their pantries. And the donuts are sooo moist that they taste just as good the second day if they even last that long. Hey, mum... the recipe costs lest than a dollar to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tinggalkan komen & angpau anda!